Wednesday 9 November 2011

My view on supplementation.

People are always so surprised when I tell them that I am a raw vegan?fruitarian and that I don't "believe" in supplementation. It's sad that we've been made to believe that a pill can replace a proper diet. Science hasn't even begun to understand the delicate balance of nutrients present in food, how can anyone claim that taking calcium or vitamin C is going to keep us healthy when it is completely taken out of context?

Take an orange for example, always said to be a great source of vitamin C actually has 170 known phytonutrients. How in any perspective does it make sense to replace a food that has 170 known phytonutrients with a pill containing one? The delicate balance present in the food nature provides us is far superior for our health than anything that we can manufacture, and it will always be that way. There is a "magic" way to health, it's called fruit and veggies. No need for a synthetic chemical pill.

Now that question that always comes up. What about b12? Vitamin B12 deficiency is a result of lifestyle and it doesnt indiscriminate accroos dietary choices, people following the SAD(standard american diet) are afflicted by it just as much if not more than those who choose to go without animal products. B12 is actually a bacteria that is recycled and created in our own intestinal flora, it also comes from dirt. Where do you think the animals get it? Now the issue with B12 is actually internal, its an absorbency or  production issue that is cause by many lifestyle related habits, such as drug use.

Vitamin D is also another topic of conversation. Vitamin D in its best form for our body is a hormone produced when our skin comes in contact with the sun, I've discussed this in a previous post.

Now health isn't just about diet, it's also about lifestyle, I'll talk about that in future posts.

So today marks twelve days 100% raw. It's quite an accomplishment for me, since my previous "record" was seven! I'm feeling great and the detox is getting better, although cravings are getting worse. I just have to start eating earlier in the day, right now I don't really eat until 10AM but I'm awake at 7AM.

Food!
1 L banana blueberry smoothie
0.5 L banana cherry smoothie
1 Whole Pineapple
2 Cucumbers
Large Salad

Till Tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment