Monday 7 May 2012

Feeling the L O V E

Some of the best things in life happen when you least expect them, and in my mind always at the perfect moment. I had been meaning to join a vegan meetup in my city that gets together once a month for a while now, but somehow kept missing it. I think that going this time around was perfect. I met some awesome people, and it's crazy how, as a vegan, or any other minority group really, you get so used to being just that, a minority. Other than online, I have few friends that are vegan, even fewer that have been vegan longer than I have. So going to this event was amazing, The energy was great the conversation very stimulating and just all around comfortable to be every little bit yourself. As much as I am undeniably myself at all times, it's not often that every facet can be revealed. This was one of those times and all I could feel was love.

I had sort of forgotten how much it changes things to be surrounded by like minded people, how much it can uplift and assure you that you aren't alone in your immediate surroundings, that you are working for something amazing and that total strangers can be loving, accepting and beautiful.

Feeling truly accepted and loved is a beautiful, gorgeous should be everyday thing. In our modern society we tend to judge and label alot. I am absolutely a culprit of it, as we all are. We label ourselves just as much as we do others, we criticize ourselves based on what society deems to be acceptable, beautiful, successful, normal, etc. What if we actually surrounded ourselves with a community of love and understanding? Where honesty is preached and we learn from others being honest about what they think and feel so that no one has to bottle up not only their own thought processes and feeling of themselves, but those of society as well. I think that from this only progress could come. 

Honesty coming from a place of love can absolutely still be seen as harsh and be misinterpreted. But in the end, the thoughts brought to light through it and the growth that can result from it are worth the risk of being seen as harsh. 

Surrounding yourself with people who will help you grow into the best you that you can possibly be is, in my eyes, so vitally important. Coming from a place of positivity and love makes it so much easier to go on with our life's ambitions and become successful in our own personal ways. Of course, being a positive and loving person first and foremost to other people will attract and transform people. 

So put a smile on your face, tell everyone how much they mean to you and that you love them. 

That in itself, will change the world, one person at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment